[Simh] Samba for OpenVMS and Wolf 3D
Tim Stark
2018-02-16 01:35:23 UTC
Folks,

I recently discovered samba for OpenVMS system. Its version is 2.0 but
current version for Samba is 4.7.5.

Will Samba 4.7.5 work with OpenVMS or just v2.0? Is Samba v2.0 is
compatible with today's Windows OS?

Also I was surprised to discover Wolf 3D with source code for OpenVMS (VAX
and Alpha). Does anyone have any experience with that?

Thanks,

Tim
Henry Bent
2018-02-16 01:40:29 UTC
Post by Tim Stark
Folks,
I recently discovered samba for OpenVMS system. Its version is 2.0 but
current version for Samba is 4.7.5.
Will Samba 4.7.5 work with OpenVMS or just v2.0? Is Samba v2.0 is
compatible with today’s Windows OS?
Also I was surprised to discover Wolf 3D with source code for OpenVMS (VAX
and Alpha). Does anyone have any experience with that?
I can't speak to Samba, but the Wolfenstein 3D source was released a long,
long time ago and there are several ports floating around. I assume the
port you're referring to is the libSDL version, as I know there is libSDL
for OpenVMS.

-Henry
Stafford Winters
2018-02-16 01:49:46 UTC
I remember using Samba v1.9.7 (or thereabouts) and it didn't fully work
with Windows XP, so I'm thinking you probably won't have much success
with v2.0 and Windows 10.