[Simh] UniBone - access DEC PDP-11 UNIBUS under Linux.
Jörg Hoppe
2018-11-12 13:32:09 UTC
Guys,

I'm about to finish another project:
"UniBone" - a Linux-to-UNIBUS bridge, based on the BeagleBone Black.

It is supposed to be a development platform for device emulation.
At the moment it can emulate memory, emulate an RL11 controller with 4
RL drives attached, and act as UNIBUS hardware test adapter.

Well, physical hardware is not exactly what SimH is about.
But there were plans to run a modified SimH on UniBone to interact with
physical
UNIBUS devices ... so you should know early.

There are some web pages at http://retrocmp.com/projects/unibone
And I'll show it on VCFE.CH in Zurich on Nov 24/25,  plugged into a
PDP-11/05.

best,

Joerg
Pontus Pihlgren
2018-11-12 14:40:04 UTC
Looks very promising! You mention it could become a QBUS product in the
future. Would you have to change buss drivers for that?

Could it also become an Omnibus tool?

Regards,
Pontus.
Guys,
Jörg Hoppe
2018-11-12 14:56:51 UTC
Post by Pontus Pihlgren
Looks very promising! You mention it could become a QBUS product in the
future. Would you have to change buss drivers for that?
I think not.

For one old MSV11 memory I found they use 8838 drivers, which seem to be
pin compatible with the current 8641.
Post by Pontus Pihlgren
Could it also become an Omnibus tool?
People are asking for it! It seems possible, at least for peripherals.
Problem is, I'm not into the 8s this much, would need a companion to do.
regard,
Joerg
Post by Pontus Pihlgren
Regards,