[Simh] NetHack game
Tim Stark
2018-02-03 23:36:25 UTC
Folks,

I noticed your discussion about adventures and others. I now remember
role-playing games for VAX and Unix machines. It called NetHack game.

I quickly googled and found it.

http://www.nethack.org

https://github.com/NetHack/NetHack - repository for development.

There are other games - larn, moria, imoria, umoria, hack and rogue.

Tim
Dan Gahlinger
2018-02-03 23:41:48 UTC
rogue was fun.
I also have an old vax game like rogue, something about a crown.
I really need to scan these printouts in... 😝
________________________________

Tim
Bob Eager
2018-02-04 00:30:16 UTC
On Sat, 3 Feb 2018 23:41:48 +0000
There are other games ? larn, moria, imoria, umoria, hack and rogue.
All of those exist today. I see they are all available as packages on
FreeBSD here, for example.
Zane Healy
2018-02-04 01:16:16 UTC
Post by Bob Eager
On Sat, 3 Feb 2018 23:41:48 +0000
There are other games ? larn, moria, imoria, umoria, hack and rogue.
All of those exist today. I see they are all available as packages on
FreeBSD here, for example.
I think most of these are also available on the OpenVMS Hobbyist V1 CD-ROM. The problem being, you need access to the CD-ROM.

My personal favorite is DND. I have it running on PDXVAX, which is accessible via HECnet.

Zane
Ethan Dicks
2018-02-04 01:22:28 UTC
Post by Bob Eager
On Sat, 3 Feb 2018 23:41:48 +0000
There are other games ? larn, moria, imoria, umoria, hack and rogue.
If you like Larn, try Ularn. More levels, and a few mods to game play
(the Eye of Larn isn't just a treasure anymore!)

http://www.cordier.com/ularn/

-ethan