[Simh] Problem with UC15 simulator
Ray Jewhurst
2018-07-21 00:47:01 UTC
I am running the current version of Simh on a Dual Core, Quad Pipeline Core
i5 (3rd gen) laptop with Linux Mint. Every time I go to run the sim this
is what I get:

***@ray-Inspiron-5537 ~/Emulation/UC-15 $ pdp15

PDP-15 simulator V4.0-0 Current git commit id: 15fd71b9
sim> set dr enabled
sim> set cpu api
sim>

Ok everything's fine with the PDP-15 and now I go to start the UC15 I get:

***@ray-Inspiron-5537 ~/Emulation/UC-15 $ uc15
Fatal simulator initialization error
File open error
Hit Return to exit:

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ray

ps I am running them in separate Term windows per instructions.
Mark Pizzolato
2018-07-21 01:06:14 UTC
Hi Ray,
Post by Ray Jewhurst
I am running the current version of Simh on a Dual Core, Quad
Pipeline Core i5 (3rd gen) laptop with Linux Mint.  Every time
PDP-15 simulator V4.0-0 Current        git commit id: 15fd71b9
sim> set dr enabled
sim> set cpu api
sim>
Fatal simulator initialization error
File open error
Any ideas?
ps I am running them in separate Term windows per instructions.
Since Bob Supnik has just recently introduced the UC15, I'm thinking
he's likely to be the first line of support for that.

Given that, you should download, build and run simh-3.10-RC from:
https://github.com/simh/simh/archive/Supnik-Current.zip

Please try again with the Supnik-Current code and if you see the same
errors there, I hope he'll be glad to look into it.

- Mark
Ray Jewhurst
2018-07-21 01:31:57 UTC
I built pdp15 and uc15 in Supnik-Current. I still received the error.
Also, on the Supnik build I couldn't enable (DR). I'm not even sure what
that device is for that matter.

Thanks

Ray
Post by Mark Pizzolato
Hi Ray,
- Mark
Mark Pizzolato
2018-07-21 10:11:55 UTC
I built pdp15 and uc15 in Supnik-Current.  I still received the
error.  Also, on the Supnik build I couldn't enable (DR). I'm not
even sure what that device is for that matter.
These things are now fixed in the github.com/simh/simh master
branch.

- Mark

Hi Ray,

- Mark