[Simh] dhcp client for openvms 7.2 (hobbyist cd)?
Ron Young
2018-06-07 17:38:46 UTC
Hi:

Is it possible to config the hobbyist version of openvms (7.2)
vax to be a dhcp client for tcp/ip.

I have been using my vms install for years with a static IP
without problems.

Looking on the net, it looks like I should be able to do this
if tcpip is version 5.3 or newer. This references a binary
called tcpip$dhcp_client.exe. This file is not on my system.

how do I determine what version of tcpip services am I running?

is it possible to configure dhcp client on the hobbyist system?

thanks

-ron

Ron Young ***@embarqmail.com
Dave L
2018-06-07 18:19:55 UTC
to determine the version do

$ tcpip sho ver

as to being a DHCP client, can't recall but I've never done this on any
system I've worked on, VMS usually is sat at a fixed IP and may be a DHCP
server (in a cluster its far better for resilience than winwoes efforts at
handling this part).

HTH